U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
History of Kingston Elementary
- 1965 - Kingston Elementary is opened as a 29 classroom school.
- 1973 - Kindergarten program is established at Kingston
- 1989- Kingston Elementary is recognized as a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education
- 1990 - A gymnasium is added to Kingston Elementary
- 1996 - Kingston Elementary is recognized for a second time as a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education
- 1996 - Addition is completed - office, library, computer lab, kindergarten rooms, and a mulitpurpose room
- 1998 - Kingston Elementary is fully accredited according to the Virginia Standards of Learning in third and fifth grade.